Given your anxiety over Project 3, we extended the deadline and worked on it some more in class. Please see the Google Doc of arguments.
Please also use the following outline.
The new 3.3 is due on Friday. (If Friday is too soon for you, please see me for an extension SOON.)
I. Introduction
Define your Terms: Establish the most important value
-
Marriage?
-
Readership?
-
Story
Explain how it works.
-
The purpose of Marriage—or—Marriage
should work like this
-
The purpose of Reading—or—Readers
should work like this
-
The purpose of the story—or—The
story should work like this.
II. Argument One
Use evidence to prove your point your point.
-
Here is how this works in
Cinderella
-
Quote from a source
Example:
In “Cinderella,” the characters
do not marry for love; they marry for social and economic stability.
Young says, “Blah blah blah” and
I agree
Explain: (how does this support your argument)?
Sample explanation:
Marriage
should be accomplished for love, not economic or social gain. Therefore, “Cinderella”
perverts the use of marriage, representing it in a negative way.
I agree with Young because…
III. Argument Two
Support
with evidence (examples and/or sources).
You may have a 3rd argument. But you do not
have to.
IV. Rebuttal:
Some might say that _____, but I say ______.
V. Conclusion
Remind us of what you just told us. Remind us why you’re
right.
No comments:
Post a Comment